Chambre Rouge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chambre Rouge

A forum for Roblox Roleplayers to connect and take their roleplaying to the next level

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Detective RP (WIP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nieol

Nieol

Rep : 0

A Detective RP (WIP) Empty
PostSubject: A Detective RP (WIP)   A Detective RP (WIP) Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:07 pm

I am personal a big fan of detective RPs, as such, I'd like to welcome all who will come to this collaboration.

This project already has a plot to it:

In a small town of Westbrook, things are getting worse for the citizens as more and more disappear everyday. Those that disappear are often never seen again, or found dead with strange rituals placed around them. You and a select group of individuals have been paid to investigate, and find the cause of all of this. But hurry, every day the body count increases, and every night more go missing. Can you solve this puzzle, or will you be another victim?

This project needs a title:

This project will probably not receive a character sheet, unless people want one.

The project's setting is:

Westbrook, a small town with a population of about 5,000. It has no immediate cities nearby, and as such is mostly agricultural. This place is near a small lake, often times receiving a small mist in the spring time. Towards the fall, this mist turns into a fog, and during winter it's just snow. For the detectives, it will start out in September 29th.

This project has a new twist to it:

Rather than working together, each detective is actively working on their own, too. For whoever is the first to solve this mysterious crime spree, will be rewarded close to 30,000 dollars, or so the posters say. The rest get zip, nothing. As such, knowledge will be provided via PM's to the player, for that player's eyes and ears. If this information is discovered, it'll often be similar to a post saying. 'You have found information, and it is stored in your memory (PMs) for future reference. Don't forget it!'

This project needs finished rules:
1) Don't reveal information to others in OOC chats.
2) Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
3) The real world rules apply here. Draw a gun in public, and the police will be there. Scream bomb on an airplane, and prepare to have your ass tackled.
4) You must have grammar. Don't be that one guy who is too reluctant to even spell out the word "What".
5) More rules can be added, if necessary.

This project has some extra info:

This system has some note-able things, such as realistic reactions to what you do.
There will be no health system, instead leaning towards realistic health. If you're sick, you're weaker. If someone shoots you, you're shot. You don't take -5 HP. If people really want stats, I'll reinstate them.

I may make a second part to this, like a continued series with the surviving characters, after all no one can retire on 30,000.

If you have any suggestions, please post them.

Last edited by Nieol on Thu May 15, 2014 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nieol

Nieol

PostSubject: Re: A Detective RP (WIP)   A Detective RP (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Just an update. I've decided that if you want anything from this basic collaboration changed, just say so. I've decided to completely remove stats, instead keeping a basic list of my own to prevent the odd out of game feeling. I may use a system, and try to encourage others to use it should it come down to this. In the mean time, oh do come by.
Back to top Go down
demonskul777

demonskul777

PostSubject: Re: A Detective RP (WIP)   A Detective RP (WIP) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 12:57 pm

It might be a nice thing, but you shouldn't say you have to work seperately, you can still abuse the others, or simply work together since you are that naïve kind of person. Either way it is a nice idea, I guess. It will be better with the realistic way of fighting I am pretty sure. If I ever feel like making an RP I do that to, though I never really happened to make one real big or anything. xD
Either way, I guess it is for now good to go on. What we would need still would be a map of the buildings, their facilities... or simply a description, of course. It is only a small town after all. Then you would also need to assign each character a house; I am doubting there'll be any wonderdetectives in the town, so probably they would be from some other place, they need some kind of place to stay. Maybe an appartment block, I'd say, but it's a small town. So perhaps their is this inn, or anything, though that sounds a little mediaeval. xD Considering they are detectives they may be assigned a private house, but again it is a small town. There aren't any cities nearby, so they can't come from anywhere at a any rate if they would live somewhere else. You probably already have a murderer in mind and all, so yeah. Most likely you should give us the victims, those found and those not, maybe some of their informations, though it might better be that people find the most themselves, etc. Also it would be usefull to have the other citizens, though it is about five thousand and that would be difficult to achieve. So mainly the most important ones and whenever a new victim gets known you should also dump some of their info on it. Of course that is difficult if a unidentifiable corpse is found. Sorry I am not really helping only steering a little, but I will certainly help if you ask me. I am not too creative and not a too good writer so sorry about that, but I will help wherever I can. I tend to write long messages, sorry.
Of course town would have a local police bureau, so they detectives might help there, but maybe there should also be a family member of a victim hiring someone alike. To actually maintain the secrecy in this object, you may firstly ask who will join and then send them via PM a job as a detective in town, whether it is private, or not. The police-hired detectives would of course meet, while the others wouldn't that would of course ruin that secrecy. So yeah, I guess it isn't that maintainable. :/ Sorry it just came to me. xD
Back to top Go down
demonskul777

demonskul777

PostSubject: Re: A Detective RP (WIP)   A Detective RP (WIP) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Whenever you are going to interrogate any relatives to a victim, you should also give them some very specific traits; there should also be some who just close the door or anything because they don't want to participate and all. But yeah, I guess you had thought of that. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Detective RP (WIP)   A Detective RP (WIP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Detective RP (WIP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chambre Rouge :: Roleplaying :: Collaborations-
Jump to: